Useful Perhaps

"What I'm use to isn't useful anymore."
~Duawne Starling, singer/songwriter



Finally an Honest Billionaire

I've been told more times than I can count that reason I feel the way I do about money made through capitalism is because I have none. I finally found someone with plenty of money, George Soros, who admits that there is no such thing as self-correcting capital markets. Rather capital markets are always externally managed to some degree. Corporations and other "free"-market fundamentalists don't like to admit this because they want to perpetuate the myth that markets are inherently and inerrant-ly self-regulating, so that those on top can work to keep themselves on top (e.g. public policy, lobbying, externalizing costs, off-shoring, tax evasion, exploitation, usurping the labor pool) without fear of exposure.

Soros was interviewed today on PBS's the NewsHour with Jim Lerher. I've got to read his book.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good. Thanks for the tip.
Very few of my friends seem to get that capitalist markets are not "values neutral".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home