Useful Perhaps

"What I'm use to isn't useful anymore."
~Duawne Starling, singer/songwriter



God Bless... My Wife

I went to a friend's blog, Willzhead, to get some perspective on the Obama and Huckabee wins last night. Will is a former Republican strategist. Though we are journeymen now, our journeys of emergence have been from very different places. To my chagrin, Will didn't have time to say much this morning, but he did put up a link to "The Two Earthquakes" by David Brooks, a conservative-leaning political commentator with whom I've been having an unexpected and somewhat disconcerting ideological love affair of late. As with Will, Brooks' views on the Iowa caucuses resonate with my own.

As a side note, the reason this post is entitled "God Bless... My Wife" is because, when I read to her the article by David Brooks, half way through I stopped and exclaimed, "This man can write!" to which she responded, "That's someone else and not you... He writes like you." Please let this in no way discourage you from reading the article.

It's amazing how God gives us the gift of those who believe in us more than we sometimes believe in ourselves. Perhaps that's some of what Obama and Huckabee are feeling this morning.

More later...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home