Useful Perhaps

"What I'm use to isn't useful anymore."
~Duawne Starling, singer/songwriter



While Not Saying a Whole Lot

I woke up this morning and started the plot sketch for my first novel. I decided to write it in late October, but I've been sitting on my writing for a brief moment, waiting to catch a glimpse of where it is headed. Not really interested in my Village Half-wit tales, one editor recommended I consider the alternative of a loosely biographical novel covering the year leading up to the excommunication of my favorite storyteller protagonist, Revelations. At first, I really didn't believe I had it in me, but the peculiar circumstances of things falling apart on the job front for several friends as well as myself inspired me.

I haven't been anxious to write because of the nature of the critique I've gotten on my storytelling so far. Either people "love it" and make comments that are wonderfully affirming, but are of limited use in my efforts to improve and publish. Or their criticism is primarily that my writing isn't more like something else, and that is to say, that it isn't commercially viable. Such is life.

Well, I've started. We'll see what comes of it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home