Useful Perhaps

"What I'm use to isn't useful anymore."
~Duawne Starling, singer/songwriter



VeeP

I'm liking John Edwards or Tom Daschle for Obama's VP right now. Obama said this week that he is looking for a partner who can be President, if necessary, and a great adviser. Chris Matthews points out that Obama also needs someone who doesn't make him look like the naive youngster. I think Edwards and Daschle meet all these criteria, particularly the third--even though both men are older than he, Edwards slightly and Daschle by about 13 years.

Though Daschle is very much a boomer, he's cool as hell and doesn't look like an old fogy next to Obama. Edwards, I believe, has the fortitude to implement a populous legislative agenda. Both men are extremely intelligent, can call it like they see it, yet are also team players. And both, I believe, would deliver key constituencies. What do you think?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hoping for an Obama/Edwards ticket for many moons.
I absolutely love that Edwards has staked his entire political future on caring for the poor.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Heidi Renee said...

I too would love Obama/Edwards - I just shudder at the Webb & Rendell choices though.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love and vote for OBAMA?DASCHLE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home